Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Legitimate Lingerie

Fine lingerie is just not complete without the appropriate accessories, and so I believe beautiful stockings and tights are an essential component of a girl's lingerie wardrobe.

As I am with all lingerie, so am I absolutely desirous of stockings and tights. As hosiery patterning seems to change seasonally, I have found myself eagerly stocking up on quaint styles regardless of room permitting in bedside drawers.

Recently I found three gorgeous little numbers which I would love to share with you. The first is like a fine fishnet with art nouveau flowers around the thigh;

the second, was a subtle design which I do not yet have a photo for; and third, was my beloved, luxurious cuban heel seamed stockings. These traditionally come in a chisel ended style, but my favorite is the Deco-esque stepped finish which seems a little more elusive.

The following photo shows generic versions of heeled stockings. I do love the Manhattan.
 
(What incredible colours they have!)




I also prefer the traditional keyhole welt in the garter of my stockings when I can get them. Which fortunately I can at What Katie Did.  Some of their range are still made on the traditional machines. (Because a girl has to love that devotion to an authentic aesthetic.)

Here, for your perusal, is a little stocking anatomy:



These, from What Katie Did, are my stock in stockings:


Now, all I need is a little night out ...

xx

3 comments:

  1. no argument from me on any of that.
    You are so right about
    'we may have the clothes, but where oh where are The Occasions?'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope my lingerie post excites you as much as it excited me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you linking that when you first followed me, but as I was so inexperienced, I did not realise it was your blog.

    I did put that into Google to enjoy that luxurious site.

    You are going to have to share the lovely things you have in your drawer!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

** I love it when you message me! **